Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Joining the band on the wagon

Well, I'm back on the eating healthy band wagon (for today). And the exercise band wagon (for today). But every day is a new day and a new opportunity for me to mess up something that seems so incredibly easy, like what I put in my mouth or how I move my body, it seems amazing I could get it wrong. Well, whatever.

Sometimes, I just have to give myself credit for attempting any of it. For not licking the cupcake batter bowl. For exercising with two small children and two large dogs. My strength training to hold osteoperosis at bay? Well, the right side of the upper body means hefting 20+ of child around for probably eight hours a day on average. The left side? Wrestling two german shepherds to heel holding the leashes in my left hand while pushing the jogging stroller around the neighborhood. (you know how it is - you get so used to doing stuff with one hand or the other, you can't change it - like where you hold your purse. Or your manpurse. Whatever)

Agility? Trying not to trip on the puppy, who doesn't really know what the heck is going on accept he doesn't want to get run over again by the double jogging stroller as he ping pongs around finding his own space. Because, we are six beings slowly trekking our way around the 'hood. Occupying a small space so we don't get hit by errant scootering children, squelched by SUV drivers who are texting, or making a snack out of the posse of small pooches walked in large droves by the elderly people who live in the trailer park near me.

Aerobic activity? Well, yelling at the top of my lungs, stomping around the house flaring my nostrils loosing my cool with five kids over a four day weekend really tends to raise the heart rate more than most people think.

No comments: