Friday, March 19, 2010

A Gift from God, .. or a Little Bit Ironic?

Why is it when the babies sleep through the night, the others don't. Instead of: groping for binkies in the crib in the dark of the night, getting a drink of water for someone small, helping the four year old pee, or walking her back to her bed and tucking her in because it's soooo much easier to walk the hundred yards to mommy and daddy's room to ask for the covers than to just reach the six inches to floor to tuck your ownself back in,.. I was doling out fever breaking meds, cleaning projectile cranberry juice vomit (note to self: only serve apple juice to queasy people, so the kitchen doesn't look like a mass murder took place), and tucking bigger people back into beds because they thought it would be fun to sneak a look at 'Ghost Adventures' on the telly five minutes before bedtime,...

I guess I should be thankful that it was one set and not both,.. but once and while, after 13 years with kids? It would be nice to get a full night's rest. Really, I mean it.

Oh, and next time boys? The next time you four go to the Duck's hockey game, can you please bring back bright orange oversized foam hands instead of a virus? Thanks, love mom.

Those hockey games, oh those hockey games. Actually, I should have gone, because with the 3 inch healing cut on my forehead and my two black eyes, I would have fit right in. I heard all about how wonderful the game was - they were so close to the action they could actually see the guy's eyes roll back in his head when he was slapsticked so hard he passed out on the ice!

Check out the video. You can see the big Z and hubby if you look close enough.

The dudes sitting next to them kept trying to make my big Z drink Guiness! (I guess if he's going to be led to a life of crime, at least he's doing it tastefully.) I had no idea they had scantily clad women even out the ice in between plays,.. but now I do. And, I've been told they have nice 'woohoos'. I can only imagine what that means, AND I've added to my vocabulary. All at the same time.

No, instead I celebrated St. Patty's day the So Cal way - take out burritoes from Cuca's and carting some Guiness in my purse for a celebration at my friend's house. Much better than checkin' out some chick's woohoos, if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ever since the Olympics, hockey is my new favorite sport to watch. Didn't know about the girls and their woo-hoos.

Still laughing about the murder scene in your kitchen.