Friday, April 9, 2010

The Food Revolution!


For all you tweeters, or twitterers, as the big boss at my company said in front of thousands once,.. today is Follow Friday in that cyberworld. One of the trends is to have people retweet Jamie Oliver's request to sign his food petition.


I've only seen the show once, but I love the concept of his campaign: to introduce our children to real food, not processed food, and teach the little beings how to cook.


As the mother of five, I'm forever trying to ensure my kids are totally healthy. I've slid down that slippery slope, however, from when my first born was a baby (No white bread! Only home made yogurts on whole wheat pancakes for breakfast! 1st year birthday cake made with all natural ingredients, no oils or sugars!) to my fifth baby (Well, if the government says a french fry is a vegetable,...) You know the drill.


I've liked Mr. Oliver since I first found him, on a BBC show and even after I realized that that whole "Naked Chef" business was referring to his food, and not him.


So, join the revolution! Sign the petition!

No comments: