Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fun blog from a friend

Who says kids can't help your social life? And who says that social media doesn't keep the friend fires burning? I feel so much richer being connected, even in a technology sort of way - to many people I have no time to bond with in reality. Perhaps that sounds lonely, or condescending, or robotic - but with five kids, a job, a house, a husband, and the need to sleep and perhaps work out every now and then, I rarely even call my mother on a regular basis. (sorry Mom!)

Any hoo - I met this fun lady when our now 11 year olds were in a preschool together - it was a 'teach the parent' school that was wonderful and the expectation was that we would attend, learn with our child, and help teach the class as the year went on. We attended required parent seminars every Wednesday - which as sooo nice because it meant you got to sit down for an hour without your kid (God knows I love every one of 'em - kids I mean!) and eat yummy snacks, because our instructor had heard that if people eat while learning, they retain that information for a longer time. I have applied this in my work life, and while I don't know if this is scientifically true, it has helped me win friends and influence people - do not belittle the power of a home baked chocolate chip cookie!

Here is the link to her blog - I am constantly learning from her - and I hope you will too!
http://shuttfamilysimplelife.blogspot.com/

No comments: