Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tag, I'm It

How exciting - my first tag! Over at Teri's, well she's created a list (not that she's checking it twice) and while the pallbearer list is intriguing, I'll stick with the spirit of the season and list all the roads to happiness in my life.

1.Shopping for clothes. Let's just get it out there; you all know I'm really shallow and a ridiculous closet hogger. Phew. Now that's out of the way.
2. Travel. I don't care where (obviously, by the places I've lived, I guess!) Nothing is more exciting than exploring a new place. And there are so many of them out there, I can't help but feel like the sands in the hourglass are falling and I'm wasting daylight hanging out in So Cal.
3. When all the kids are gone or sleeping. Not that I don't love my kids, trust me, but with five of them and 2200 square feet, the house starts to feel a bit small. I'm an introvert and need my alone time to recharge - hard to do these days. So, when I get that half hour of peace, I really relish it.
4.Having someone pay me a compliment. Im narcissistic that way. And I happen to work with a graat bunch of people who are very encouraging and tell you 'great job!' more than once a year during bonus time. Which is necessary, since being a writer, and writing being such a personal thing (I think), having your articles, brochures, press releases, Web pages etc,.. ripped to shreddeds, completely redone, or rejected, really puts a hole through the heart.
5. That first sip of coffee in the morning, or the first sip of a really good bear in the evening. So fleeting - you can't do it but once day.
6. Accomplishing something - exercising, cooking, mopping the floor, cleaning the closet,.. whatever - just to get something done gives me a purpose in life and a sense of well being. Although, I would love for a day when I can lie in bed all day and read and watch movies. But I guess that's number 7.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh... sigh. I like your faves, I think I'll adopt a few as my own.
Alone time... I just returned from Target. I could use a good dose of alone time.
It doesn't surprise me to read you're an introvert, but then for some reason I was caught off guard when you said it. Maybe you just make assumptions when your primary mode of friendship is online.

heather said...

I love your list! I wish I had thought of "alone time" too! It is so necessary for moms to have time to recharge. Thanks for sharing!

Beth said...

I agree with your accomplish something as your #6. That is huge to me too, because laundry, dihes, diapers, etc. those things seem to be never accomplished.