Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Updates







Yes, it' s Sophie's first day facing frontwards in the baby carrier and boy, was she SO much happier. Should have done it sooner, but there's the angst over the lolling head,... She sure liked looking at the world. Doing email with mommy on her PDA? Not so much.

I was invited to the Spirit Assembly at RidgeView Elementary where Jared received a 'Terrific Kid' award. Something to do with good citizenship,.. a couple kids in each class got it, so that was very nice. The 5th graders had an optional overnight field trip to Dana Point to the Ocean Observatory which he did and had a blast.The kids were told not to bring personal devices which I think sent them all into a tailspin. They were informed that they could call their mommies and daddies at certain points on their cell phones, of which Jared doesn't have one. And I heard all about it for weeks before hand, believe me. I told him if he lost a limb or was bleeding profusely, the teachers would call.

More 'Only in California' happenings? Although the kids were told to not bring any electronics, one of the chaperone daddies I was told, brought a TV and a gaming device. Truly, people. Get over it.

I've only seen Zach's report card, which was awesome. I'll start to worry about the other school goers on Thursday.

Poor Zach was told he had to go to Saturday school because he had an unexcused absence. I guess he lost the note. I'll go resolve it, but in the meantime, we are all having a fun time telling him every time the doorbell or telephone rings that it is the SSC (Saturday School Cops) coming to take him away.
Jared's eye infection is just a bacterial infection and not the herpes infection I was dreading. I was able to chase down the Opthamologist we saw three years ago when he had a really bad outbreak, so that was a relief to go to someone who had Jared's history and had battled this problem succesfully before. Jared was ready to go back to school the next day, after watching plenty of Yo Gabba Gabba, Winnie the Pooh and Backyardigans on TV, along with reading books to Sabrina. Hee hee hee. I loooved having him home. Can't wait til next time.
We had the Little League pancake breakfast this past Saturday. The pancake breakfast is kind of like a rain dance for snow here. Saturday night? Snow. Today? low to mid 70's. Go figure.

No comments: